HAYWARD, Calif. – Eikon Therapeutics, Inc., a clinical stage biotechnology company that is advancing breakthrough therapeutics through the purposeful integration of engineering and science, today announced its Clinical Development organization. Under the leadership of Roy Baynes, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Medical Officer of Eikon, this team of experienced industry professionals will be responsible for every stage of clinical development and accelerating the company’s lead pipeline candidates into and through trials and regulatory review. Eikon recently announced its development pipeline, which includes a number of acquired clinical and preclinical stage assets that complement its discovery-stage programs.
“In support of our vision to build a global biotechnology company focused on developing important new medicines, we have recruited a sophisticated team of industry experts who have decades of collective experience in managing every component of advancing new drug candidates from their earliest stages through the clinic to regulatory approval,” said Roger M. Perlmutter, M.D., Ph.D., CEO and Board Chair of Eikon Therapeutics. “This team is fully integrated within our organization and is working alongside our advanced engineering and research team, who have dramatically accelerated the performance of our pioneering Single Molecule Tracking (SMT) technology. Together, they position Eikon to become a fully integrated global biotechnology company.”
Baynes added, “I am incredibly proud of the team we are building here at Eikon. Their collective track record of developing some of the world’s most successful new medicines positions Eikon well to bring a broad range of new drug candidates successfully through regulatory review to people who seek better treatments for a range of challenging diseases.”
The senior industry professionals appointed to lead the Eikon Clinical Development team include:
- Mei Ling Chang-Lok, Ph.D., RAC, Vice President, Regulatory – Chang-Lok joined from Ventyx where she served as Vice President, Regulatory. She has over two decades of regulatory experience in the biotechnology industry, including an extended tenure at Amgen, working on INDs/CTAs and NDAs/BLAs/MAAs across various therapeutic areas and all phases of drug development globally.
- Suba Krishnan, M.D., Vice President, Early Development Lead – Krishnan joined from Mereo BioPharma, where she served as the Head and Senior Vice President of Clinical Development. She has deep industry experience in biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies including Genmab, Merck, MedImmune and Bristol Myers Squibb, leading pivotal trial registration and BTD/sBLA filings.
- Kevin O’Brien, MBA, JD, Senior Vice President, Clinical Development Operations – O’Brien joined from Gilead, where he managed a large organization across two companies (Gilead and Kite), with eight distinct development operations functions in the U.S., Europe, and APAC regions, supporting all Phase I-IV clinical development.
- Harry Raftopoulos, M.D., Senior Vice President, Clinical Research Oncology –Raftopoulos joined from Bayer Pharmaceuticals, where he most recently served as Head of Late-Stage Oncology Clinical Development. Under his leadership, teams executed and filed NDAs and sNDAs in the U.S. and EU. Prior to that he had a clinical leadership role on the Keytruda® program at Merck and was responsible for key pivotal studies in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Sam Rebello, Ph.D., Vice President, Clinical Pharmacology – Rebello joined from Axcella Therapeutics, where he led Development Sciences for non-traditional drug development of AXA candidates. In a previous role at Novartis, Rebello led a team supporting Clinical Pharmacology/Biopharmaceutics strategies for worldwide filings of cardiovascular products (e.g., Entresto®, Valturna®, Tekturna®/Rasilez®, Tekturna HCT®, Tekamlo®, Amturnide®).
Based in the company’s New York City and Hayward locations, additional clinical development team members recently appointed include:
- Marisa Gallo, M.S., Director, Study Site Engagement and Monitoring Excellence
- Julie Tien Ha, Clinical Outsourcing Manager
- Victoria Ho, Executive Director, Clinical R&D Process, Documentation, and Learning Management
- Jarema Kochan, Ph.D., Senior Director, Biomarkers
- Mason Mann, Clinical Trial Manager, Clinical Study Management
- Richard Marino, Executive Director, Clinical Quality Assurance
- Maria Metzger, MBA, Executive Director, Supplier Relationship Management and Performance
- Rand Miller, Ph.D., Associate Director, Medical Writing
- Oyinkansola Odebo, M.D., M.P.H., Senior Director, Pharmacovigilance
- Jayanthi Reddy, M.S., MBA, Senior Director, Project and Portfolio Management
- Theresa Rivera-Schaub, Director, Project and Portfolio Management
- Caroline Taromino, MBA, M.A., Director, Clinical Study Management
- Surya Vangala, M.S., PMP, Senior Director, Clinical Study Management
- Meihua Wang, Ph.D., Executive Director, Biostatistics and Statistical Programming
- Mingyue Xuan, M.S., Executive Director, Clinical Data Management
About Eikon Therapeutics
Eikon Therapeutics is a drug discovery and development company working to advance breakthrough therapeutics through the purposeful integration of engineering and science. Our proprietary platform leverages Nobel Prize-winning super-resolution microscopy, advanced engineering, and high-performance computing to measure the real-time movement of individual proteins and protein populations in living cells, with the goal of bringing important new medicines to people suffering from grievous illness. Eikon is headquartered in California and can be found online via our website or on Twitter or LinkedIn.